Who am I exactly?
I'm Emily. I have always had a passion for encouraging and empowering women of all ages. As a woman, I want to be open and honest about my own experiences because it can help someone who may be struggling.
I discovered boudoir in 2007 and remember watching these beautiful, stunning women be free in their bodies. 10 years later, I began my journey in studying, learning, observing, and being a woman who could offer boudoir. I wanted to give other women an incredible empowering experience. I have had multiple boudoir sessions of my own to help me bring empathy, understanding, and knowledge to each session I have the honor of being a part of.
My approach to photography is to focus on capturing authentic moments and honest feelings. I love details, laughter, and telling a story.
About Ember & Ash Boudoir:
When I'm camping I know to absolutely make sure the campfire is completely out and doused. Even the smallest ember can cause a massive wildfire to start. I am really drawn to that word - Ember - that something so small could spark into something so powerful. As a lover of fantasy, myths, and sci-fi, the mythical bird Phoenix was symbolism I loved. The Phoenix dies in a glorious fire ball but then is reborn from the Ashes.
Ember & Ash encompasses what I feel about my own self love journey and what I hope other women are able to feel. You can spark a great fire in your soul and that once more find life even if all you have is ashes.
What else can we know about you?
I am a 30 something year old who still doesn't quite feel like a grown up. I have been with my partner for over 5 years, known him for almost 10. We met because of a shared love of Final Fantasy VII. We call Salt Lake City home along with our dachshund Korkie who lets us graciously live with him and sleep in his bed. I claim the coolest Aunt award and if you ever come over my fridge is covered in art from my nieces and nephews.
- Nerd Girl - always have been, always will be
- Grew up loving Star Wars, Animorphs, & Legend of Zelda
- Lived in KS, UT, WA, and Ukraine
- Currently have more books than shelf space
- Spent over 100k minutes listening to music in 2022
- I write stories and compose music
- Coffee Connoisseur & Wine Lover
- Android User + Custom Built PC
- Love Concerts, Cheetah Print, & Adventures
The "Professional" Resume:
- Multi Published
- Multi Awarded
- Named One of Peerspace Best Boudoir Photographers for Salt Lake City
- 5+ years as a Photography Business
- Mentored under Michael Sasser Boudoir
- Continued Photography and Creative Education
- Many Empowered and Encouraged Women
- 10+ years of Customer Service to give you the best experience!
Photos Courtesy of Centerfold Boudoir + Ebb & Flow Photography